Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pious Portland

Steve and I went to Oregon last weekend and found religion.


Steve would definitely be a casual visitor at this establishment, especially since it is open 24- hours. He's had a small shrine of devotion, albeit forlorn and oft ignored, admiring Elvis since he refused to let me re-gift a two-foot tall plastic guitar full of popcorn with a sticker of The King across its front. 



He insisted that no one at my work's White Elephant Christmas party two years ago would be as deserving as he of such a treasure. So I relinquished it. Upon Steve's closer inspection of the guitar, he found that the lid of the guitar has a slot, implying its use as a coin container. 
Seeing as he prefers piggies over original rock-a-billies to stash his cash, Steve instead created a Compliment Elvis Guitar. 



For over a year now, this plastic guitar has collected a handful of thoughtful notes and praise from a few appreciative visitors, but not enough to give proper honor. The guitar, as of yesterday, has a new home in Steve's studio where he teaches guitar lessons. While the musical environment may lead those present to great appreciation and an increase in compliments, why limit anyone? Feel free to add your adulations here. Here is a baby picture to get you started:

3 comments:

Rebecca Langham said...

This deserves a comment, despite the shamefully obvious attempt at tugging at the reader's heartstrings by such empty tricks as baby-pictures. I grant you, this baby picture was particularly applicable to the topic at hand, and in fact I think it a shame that after such a forthright request for comments none have been given, so here is mine.

chaela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chaela said...

umm this may be the coolest thing I have ever heard. OF COURSE it's for compliments. It just feels right.

Also, Steve, you left something in my truck. I felt bad, so I got you a subscription.