Sunday, September 6, 2009

Notes from the Northwest

Go west, they said. It's a bad time to graduate from college, they also said.
But its just so fun in Provo, we said. Everything we need, except diversity, multiple freeways, and Texas is right here.
They had no answer to that.
So we moved to Washington. It was a little cold for August though, so we immediately left for a trip to California (see Liz and Travis' blog for more proof). We went to a Dodgers game with the Polsons, Stolks and Grandma Hall, had a couple beach trips, Steve achieved his long awaited In-N-Out binge, went on a lovely temple trip, hit up Steve's fav thrift store, attended an awesome Flaming Lips concert at Del Mar, and went to Seaport Village in San Diego, and celebrated several of Kaitlyn's succesful potty experiences, to name a few of the activities.





I was still cold, so headed out to San Antonio for a visit with my family. We had a lot fun goofing and talking off mostly, which was just right. I went with my sister to her Dr.'s appts, and was with her when she found she's having a boy.

Sadie's adorable baby bump

So that was really exciting, and I got to participate in the ritual sweet treat reward following every appointment. I was also there for my mom's birthday, and my sister Mercedes and I made a beautiful cake, inspired by one of my mom's favorite movies, Mamma Mia.




I also dyed Jazzy's hair dark brown, painted lots of fingernails, gaped at the houses in my favorite neighborhood, went swimming, and had game nights with my family and dear friends.

After overheating, I returned to re-unite with Steve in Washington.


We've had fun enjoying the Halls, whom we're living with, picking their brains about all things Pacific Northwest. We've done a bit of exploring of our own in the area. We've made some important finds- the best thrift store around, the dollar theatre, and a great hospital for our baby.

2 comments:

Sarah Haynie said...

Is this the announcement? i want to share and I am still not telling, so let me know if it is OUT! lol

Kirsten Smith said...

A whole blog (which is wonderful by the way) and the only mention is the last word. Cruel and unusual punishment. Hope you are doing and feeling well! Love ya!