Sunday, October 18, 2009

At War With the Mystics

According to my sources, Baby-size has gone from lima bean to grape to kumquat to avocado, and is currently the size of a bell pepper.

From where I'm standing, I'd say its a blue-ribbon festival-winning size bell pepper.

The "fetal survey" ultrasound is Nov 2, where Baby will get to go from "he/she/it" to just "he" or "she." The feeling remains that it is a boy. I asked my two year old friend what she thinks it is, and she answered boy with a huge smile and such conviction that I feel pretty convinced. But like I said, I'm sure the baby will continue to be full of surprises...
I can not express how excited I am for this. I found myself incredibly envious of my friend's 6 week ultrasound where the barely-there fetus looked like a blurry teddy graham. She had several IVF miscarriages before this pregnancy and yet I, who have had a relatively pain-free, problem-free, completely healthy pregnancy, was jealous over her black and white images. My midwives won't refer me to the ultrasound office unless there is a medical need, outside of this upcoming standard 20-week fetal survey. But as I've been counting down the days to Nov. 2 (15), I've become acutely aware that not only do I wish I already have had an ultrasound, but that I would prefer a 38-week ultrasound too. I'm still trying to figure out why Steve's sketches just aren't cutting it, but until then, the ultrasounds may be a deal breaker in the future.

5 comments:

Travis and Liz said...

Oh my goodness you look so cute! I love the baby bump! My tummy is just fatty flab left over from Kaitlyn; it's pretty attractive right now! We can't wait til Nov. 2!!!

The Jones Family said...

Finally a pregnancy picture! You're awesome Maria- I'm so excited for you!

Sarah Haynie said...

You look beautiful. Soooooo exciting! I can not wait until you give us the news from the Nov 2 ultra sound. It will not be fair if the baby has his/her legs crossed. :) Love you three

Natausha said...

Hooray for your little tummy! This makes me so happy!

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

I'm only writing this comment so i can end up on your 'recent comment' side bar thing