Friday, February 19, 2010

ay bebe

After months and months of waiting, the event we have all been waiting for arrived: the baby shower. Hosted by my visiting teachers Cara and Lori, as well as Margaret (Steve's grandmother), we had a lovely evening of chatting, snacking, and discussing the pros and cons of pacifer usage after the age of six months. Apparently it is quite controversial in some circles. I was generously rewarded for being nice and pregnant with all sorts of goodies- bath essentials, hooded towels galore, baby soaps and lotions, blankets, adorable outfits, a boppy pillow, pacifiers, toys and rattles, lovely cardboard books, and other useful knickknacks that I wouldn't have thought to buy until I suddenly and inconveniently needed them, like diaper rash ointment.

The hosts, Cara and Lori.

Some of my dear pregnant friends: I'm due in March, to the left is Shirlee in April (despite barely showing), and Kathryn and Cara beginning of June. They have all been fun to share this pregnancy with, talk about baby stuff, pass around ultrasound pictures, etc. There are a lot of baby showers coming up in this ward...

...but luckily these women like to get out and visit with each other. Many of them have been here for a long time and know Margaret well- she threw a shower for the lady in the red printed blouse, JoAnn (Bishop's wife), for her first. That baby is now on a mission.

One of the games had everyone completing a line from a nursery rhyme. I was stumped on "Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub, _________?"

Yes, that is a double chin and I am surprisingly coming around to it. I do occasionally use my belly as a shelf. I can't use it as a table though, the baby is extremely possessive of his space and won't be still enough to allow me to rest a bowl of cereal there. We're still working on it.

Steve would probably wear that sweater.

Love this little outfit from Margaret. Cowboy clothes are hard to find, especially ones this adorable! She had to hunt, but she did a great job on this and on hosting the shower.


3 comments:

Kirsten Smith said...

SO FUN! It looks like they are taking good care of you. Sad I wasn't able to be there to party. Make sure you write down all their good advice so you can pass it along to me some day. Take it easy! Love ya.

The Jones Family said...

Oh!!! I'm SOOOO EXCITED!!!! We are mommies Maria!!!!

Rachey said...

I can see Stephen in that sweater, you should get him a matching one! You are looking great, can't wait to see pictures of the new babe.