Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Leftovers

Steve's brother Matt and I were the only ones at our Thanksgiving dinner who have sophisticated tastes when it comes to fine Americana desserts (read: store-bought pumpkin pie with avalanches of whipped cream). I had gotten greedy and succumbed to the peer pressure of those crazies around me at Costco buying 4,5,10 pies and decided I should buy two myself, just to be safe. Those things are delicious and gigantic, and it's been a wonderful thing to open the fridge everyday for a week and see that waning orange moon just waiting for me to partake. I'm glad I got two. I have one savory slice left. 

We had other food at our feast too. Good good food. Beautiful turkey (go team Mannie, it was fabulous), citrus-y green beans, maple sweet potatoes, loads of Steve's staple stuffing, delish gravy, made from scratch rolls, Black Forest ham, homemade apple pie (again, points to team Mannie), and upscale sparkling drinks accompanied our conversation which covered everything from where all the macaroons had gone to a debate on the sexiest man alive (between Eli's Robert DeNiro and Parker's Paul Walker, from what I understand). The lucky guests included our family, Mannie, Parker (Steve's cousin, whose home we stayed at over the break. Thanks Mitch and Michelle!), and my two local sisters, Eli (and her lovely family) and Sadie (and her awesome smile). We were grateful to share the table with such fine bounty and people! 

Pics are probably forthcoming, but to keep you entertained in the meantime, here are some funny videos off my phone from the past week. Creedence has gotten into both Winnie the Pooh and Spiderman simultaneously (Yo Gabba Gabba, Elmo, and Despicable Me complete the top five). Creedo also likes putting things in lines, making towers of things and knocking them down, helping me bake even more pumpkin goods, making JibJab videos and giving hugs, kisses, and affectionate headbonks to anything that catches his interest. He also likes to anthropomorph-ize things, based on their relative sizes or looks, into Mommy, Daddy, Creedo ("deedo"), Baby, Uncle Matt, Aunt Annie, Grandma or Grandpa categories. He also likes talking about colors, playing I Spy, and pretend playing with his stuffed bears. 






3 comments:

Kirsten Smith said...

Adorable! Also Creedo was in my dream last night. He had just woken up and was all cuddly and then something funny/strange happened but unfortunately I can't remember what! It was like he said something or gosh I don't know. But it was cute. Yeah, kind of anticlimactic, I know.

Natausha said...

I love videos, thanks for sharing!

Sarah Haynie said...

So great to see Creedo in action. He is adorable and I so appreciate the videos. I loved it that he was trying to listen for noises from baby sister. Very special the way he talks to her and kisses her. Love you all and can't wait to see you. Hugs.