Saturday, March 17, 2012

Vivian's Blessing

Vivian was blessed today. It was beautiful! I love knowing that the circle of men will provide positive examples, support, guidance, love, protection, wisdom, and encouragement throughout Vivian's life. Her dress was absolutely perfect. Her grandmother (my mom) sewed the dress using fabric and lace from her own wedding dress, which was sewn by her mother and grandmother. That means Vivian's great-great grandmother, great grandmother, and grandmother were all involved in that beautiful baby gown, making it a beautiful female compliment to the men in the circle. The blessing itself was also full of the spoken love of Vivian's parents and our hopes for her intelligence, faith, health, kindness, compassion, discernment and more. She is so precious to us.

 Forsyth Side
 The Circle
 Johnson Side + Rebecca
 (turned out blurry- but these ladies are wonderful and I'm so glad they made the effort to come up!)
 Vivian and her Great-Grandmother Forsyth
Cugino!
 Ben and new Baby Miles
 Great Uncle and Great Aunt 
 Uncle Gideon- the first person on this earth to hold both baby Zofie (my brother's newborn daughter) and baby Vivian. What a lucky guy!
 A slightly less blurry pic of Johnson side
 Haynie Side
 Grandparents Haynie
 Us!

 I just really like Sadie in this one : )

Ok, I cannot say enough about how much this dress means to me. It is so beautiful and full of love. I just adore how special it is and how special Vivan is to me and the women who came before her!









6 comments:

Cara said...

What a beautiful dress! I cannot get over how much Vivian looks like Creedo. I love that she also has the big open mouthed tongue smile!!

Kirsten Smith said...

Sounds like a great day! Beautiful little girl!

wheezer said...

Thank you thank you for the pictures and posting everything. What a beautiful baby, family and blessing day. Love you so so so much. My heart is incredibly full!

The Lybbert Family said...

So beautiful! I love the dress, and Vivian just looks perfect.

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

um, gideon is such a hunk! and that dress is so amazing, what a lineage.

The Jones Family said...

How did I miss this post? I can't believe she's blessed already? I could have sworn you JUST had her!