Monday, June 16, 2008

when steve met maria

The first post. A daunting task- especially since Steve is the English major with writing aspirations, not me. However, I am the slightly nerdier one who is familiar with blogspot and its ways, and therefore I am posting until he figures out how. However, I will disperse typos, form grievous grammatical errors, and commit various linguistic faux pas throughout this intial post to increase his motivation for learning up to matching his need for editing.
How does one begin? Pen to paper, if you will, is always the hardest part. I feel inclined to start with a salutation, of some kind.
Dear reader- It should be known that coming up with a blog name was easy. the above title is, nonsensical, but funny, a perfect replication and mirroring of Steve and me’s sense of humor at the moment we thought of it. I couldn’t tell you know why it was funny, but it was. The hard part was figuring out the url. The current whenstevemetmaria came after several days of contemplating the pros and cons of, and expounding on the possiblities, of our intials. For those who don’t know what s&m is, you won’t find out here; but for those who do, steve is now over it and it is no longer a part of his life. Suggestions such as thewideworldofs&m or allabouts&m were brought up, and found to be. Available. Tempted though I was for the humor behind it, the thought of our dear readers mistyping the url and the potentially dangerous consequences grew to be to much for me, and I drew the line at thehouseofs&m. Eventually Steve;s brilliance shown through and came up with what we have today.
And now for the purpose of this blog- to keep those who care up to date on what we care about by posting whatever we feel like when we feel like it.
I say we, because, I know, dear reader because I have faith in Steve’s capacities to not sleep well knowing there is an over- usage of commas in a published passage attached to his name and literary reputation.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

i just found your blog (thanks to an update on facebook) and it makes me happy! blog on sista!