Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I see undead people...

When Steve and I say goodnight, it goes something like this:

"Good night, Steve."
"Good night, Maria."
"Go get those zombies."
"OK."

Steve dreams about zombies almost every night. Dream interpretators say that zombies represent boredom, an inabilty to think or make decisions, or a lack of creative ideas.
In Steve's dreams though, he is attacking, not the zombies. I interpret this to mean Steve overcomes all of those representations. He loves those dreams. In my dreams with zombies (which actually didnt exist until I met Steve) I don't even have weapons.
But just in case he is bored after six whole months of marraige on Monday, I found a bunch of zombie movie trailers on Youtube and cued them up to act as clues to a little scavenger hunt. The clues were words that put together a little introduction to the prize I made for him. It said, "Hello. My name is Super Steve the edible zombie killer." The last clue led to a rice-krispie effigy of Steve when in his zombie-killer mode. The normal Steve had a hard time eating it because it looked like a person.
Steve succesfully found all he clues and the treat. He also bought me lovely potted flowers for the anniversary.