Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Baby is Not Very Much of One...

... but she is One. She is much more of a toddler than baby. I kind of glazed over her birthday, as it came at a rough time for us healthwise, schoolwise, sleepwise.
Viv has reached the stage where every week my level of baby-proofing must increase.
She loves:
-Anything that can be a purse, putting things in and out of it
- Pushing things (stroller, trike, shopping cart, furniture)
- Splashing in bathtime
- Hiding games, like peek-a-boo and hide-n-seek with her toys. She makes a really cute question noise and holds out her hands, palms up, to say where.
- Dancing and clapping and kissing as reactions to hearing any music, "Hoorah!", and "mwah-mwah"
- Playing with Creedo*
- Eating with utensils at the table. No more baby food, no more formula, no more highchair. It's the real deal or nothing.
- Twirling her hair when she's sleepy or stressed
- Climbing everything! She does stuff like tip over a kitchen table chair and climb all over the rungs and legs.  The latest favorite activity is climbing up the upright kitchen chairs and reaching everything I've expressly put on the table so she wouldn't reach it.
- Having something in each hand. Always. I am constantly going from room to room putting away the toys she carried into the kitchen, the spoons she snuck out into the bathroom, the diaper rash cream and Orajel tube (which she loves to gnaw on, nice and squishy with just the right amount of give) from my bed, etc.

Dislikes:
- Sharing.
- When Creedo has my attention or sits on my lap
- From time to time, anything "normal" that I feed her. She'll go a couple days where I feel like all she ate are pretzels and clementines.
- Being put down when she's at the max stressed about something, whether its me saying "no more clementines today, your diapers are getting weird" as she furiously signs "more!", a bump or fall, or when she just is done being gracious. She will cling and hang on for dear life. If I do get detached, she will all-out tantrum with legs and arms flailing, lying on her back, wailing. Its quite the sight. She does this funny thing where she alternates making her mouth into a teeny tiny frown and then opens it as wide as  she can for a yell.
- Being bundled up for the snow.
- Being reverent at church

Creedo
Loves:
- swimming at the MU rec center
- Going to Hy-vee
- reading books
- playing on the Ipad
- Thriller (all things monster or halloween)
- talking, making up stories
- Netflix
- candy, apples, pancakes, chips and salsa, salad with ranch and croutons ("protons")
- making zombie houses
- re-enacting Aquabats scenes
- nursery
- playing outside
- drawing
- doing "science"
- cereal, fruit, and PBJs
- only Dad can put him to bed

Dislikes
- playing with Viv
- the blender
- washing hands
- getting dressed
- when Viv is awake and he wants screen time
- people, sometimes
- 5:00pm. Its when he is really tired and I'm making dinner so he's forced to entertain himself, but just wants to fall asleep. Its a rough time.
- when I sing



2 comments:

Taber & Rebecca said...

I'm so GLAD I found your blog again! ;) I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones that dislike playing with each other... I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong. Wish we could come over for a play date!

Sarah Haynie said...


I hear you might be visiting this summer -- can't wait to see these two adorable kiddos in action. Love the pics and the update. Hugs.